Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 2004 14:17:13 -0400
From:      "Robert Fitzpatrick" <robert@webtent.com>
To:        "PHP General" <php-general@lists.php.net>, "PostgreSQL" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>, "FreeBSD Ports" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, "Heimdal" <heimdal-discuss@sics.se>
Cc:        girgen@pingpong.net
Subject:   Intalling PHP 4.3.7 with PGSQL support and Heimdal

Trying to portupgrade my PHP 4.3.6 package with PostgreSQL 7.4.2 support =
and getting this error below. Trying to setup postgresql with Heimdal =
Kerberos 5 support, believe I have, but not tried anything with it, yet.

/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_cc_get_principal'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to =
`krb5_sname_to_principal'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_cc_default'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_cc_close'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `error_message'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_free_error'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_sendauth'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_free_principal'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_unparse_name'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_free_context'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_init_context'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php4/work/php-4.3.7.

I've posted this around a few weeks ago on some lists and still no =
success. I had a suggestion to add lines to the spec file, but not sure =
which file that is. Seems PHP is having a problem with the PGSQL support =
and its libraries for krb5. Nonetheless, from the looks of the Makefile =
for postgresql, everything should be there for it to build with krb5 =
support. I receive no errors when building or installing posgresql with =
heimdal support and have tried 'make deinstall' and 'make reinstall'. I =
have the WITH_HEIMDAL_KRB5, HEIMDAL_HOME is set to /usr/local where it =
resides with libs and includes. Someone also suggested adding a -lkrb5, =
but again, I have not been able to figure out where to place this =
setting in the file. Should I add it to the line that produces the error =
building PHP above (I think the libtool command) or in the postgresql =
Makefile.

esmtp# ldd /usr/local/bin/psql
/usr/local/bin/psql:
        libpq.so.3 =3D> /usr/local/lib/libpq.so.3 (0x28096000)
        libkrb5.so.20 =3D> /usr/local/lib/libkrb5.so.20 (0x280b2000)

Anyone know where I can make these changes needed or what to try next?

--
Robert