Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 18:45:01 +0100
From:      "Mark Hughes" <mark@dvdnews.co.uk>
To:        "Beech Rintoul" <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Help with apache+mod_php

> Hi,
> I'm trying to get php running on our webserver and so far no luck. I
> installed mod_PHP from the ports and followed all the instructions about
> adding AddType to httpd.conf. All it returns on a test script is a "download"
> box. Any help will be appreciated. I'm running FreeBSD-4-Stable.

I know it sounds obvious, but have you restarted httpd since installing/editing the
httpd.conf?

On my system, installing mod_php and apache from the packages included on the 4.1-release
CD, I didn't have to edit the httpd.conf at all.

Another thing you could try is adding...

application/x-httpd-php    php3 php

to your mime.types file.

Hope this helps,
mark