Date:      Fri, 09 Jun 2000 22:16:25 -0400
From:      Eric Asa Buchanan <erking@concentric.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Spanish translation of installation instructions

Dear FreeBSD:

I'm offering to help translate FreeBSD documentation, especially the
installation instructions, into Spanish. I have really enjoyed using and
learning FreeBSD, and have converted to using it 99%  of the time I am
using a computer. My background is in Spanish translation, and normally
I translate Spanish to English. I am a native English speaker, so it
would be a good idea to ask a native Spanish speaker to proofread my
work when I am done to make sure it sounds correct. I can also use a
Spanish version of Solaris 8 to make sure that my work is using proper
Spanish language computer related terminology.

Two years ago this time I was barely able to use Windows 98. I had used
Dos for about 10 years and read about 18 months ago that FreeBSD could
be a challenge. I took the challenge and loved it as soon as I first
used it.

I want to be able to bring FreeBSD to the South America and the rest of
the Spanish speaking world. Much of South America is currently in a very
deep recession, and FreeBSD will be greatly useful to that part of the
world because it can be had free and will make older / obsolete hardware
useful again.

Sincerely,
Eric Buchanan