Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:19:42 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Steve Wills <swills@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [rfc] removing the NDISulator

Hi,

On 18 October 2013 13:53, Steve Wills <swills@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I would love to have a native driver for this:
>
> none2@pci0:2:0:0:       class=0x028000 card=0x00101028 chip=0x472714e4
> rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'Broadcom Corporation'
>     device     = 'BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller'
>     class      = network
>
> Are there docs or other drivers available that we could look at?

There's multiple broadcom drivers in/for the linux kernel:

* b43, the reverse engineered one, from the community
* brcmsmac - the softmac broadcom driver, from broadcom
* the STA only binary driver from broadcom, closed source, not in the
kernel.

I'd really like to see bwi/bwn maintained and have support added for the
later hardware.

Thanks,

-adrian