Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 1997 23:57:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joseph Stein <joes@spiritone.com>
To:        andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu (Annelise Anderson)
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Spam filtering with procmail (Was re: something else :)

> Subject: Re: wu-ftpd doesn't tar or compress

Yeah, that's it... (see subject line)

> > Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo
>                  ^^^^^^^^^
> Would you like to show us what you've got in .procmailrc that
> routes spam to /dev/null?  I've routed stuff there at times but
> don't have a list of spam perpetrators, nor would I know quite
> where to put such a list.
>
> 	Annelise

While I can't reply for Mr. White, my experience is that people that have
spam filters that work, don't generally share them, because the people that
produce the spam can use them to find a way around them.

Generally.

But, then again, eventually, with all the bandwidth wasted on spam, there
won't be any _real_ e-mail to read, anyway, so filtering will be a waste
of time (just send it all to /dev/null)...

Actually, that's not a bad idea.

Send all mail to /dev/null unless it comes from a source you are prepared
to accept mail from...

Never mind.

joe