Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 10:40:57 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "Jacques A . Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSd Chat list" <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Suggested new list freebsd-corporate

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 09:39:06 -0500, Jacques A . Vidrine wrote:

>On Sat, Jun 24, 2000 at 10:41:21PM -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>> >We could also discuss the type of issues that affect
>> >corporations and how to solve them using FreeBSD (i.e. providing
>> >conectivity to Appleshare, Netware and NT boxes).
>
>Sounds like a topic for -questions or even -net.

So far there are about 5 people besides myself that disagree.
I have setup an egroups list.

I am waiting until wednesday to see if I hear from the
listmaster, otherwise I am going live with egroups.

>> In theory this list is a mixed bag of Advocacy and Questions.
>
>*shrugs*  I think the existing lists provide the forum needed.
>Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / nectar@FreeBSD.org

Do you use FreeBSD at your company? Specially if it is not an
ISP?
Haven't you had questions which were more along the lines of
"what calendar software can I install"?
This may have nothing to do with FreeBSD, but this may be the
one break an individual has to get FreeBSD in the company.
Perhaps she got a small box to "test" and if he can bring up
applications which are highly used by the company he/she may be
able to permanently get FreeBSD in the company.

The other feeling that I have got from those who have answered
is that they don't want to use existing lists because they are
way too crowded with too many other types of messages. This list
would allow us to have a place for THIS type of discussion only.