Date:      Mon, 23 May 2011 11:33:30 -0400
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Matthias Andree <mandree@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/155759 - bad reasons for ports removal -- again

On 23.05.2011 11:24, Matthias Andree wrote:
> discontinued more than ten years ago, but in the case of Berkeley DB 2.7.7, superseded as well.

These -- being "too old" (BSD's hack is much older, BTW) or "superseded" --
aren't valid reasons in my opinion. As long as a package keeps building -- and
there were no problems with it, when db2 was removed -- it should not be
deleted. Ever. Even the maintainer (who does "know best", how to maintain it)
can't remove it -- only disown it.

    -mi