Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:28:11 -0600
From:      Eric F Crist <ecrist@adtechintegrated.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MySQL 4.x questions...

--Boundary-02=_0teGANl+HTCwfOc

Hey all,

I installed MySQL server 4.1.0_1 to support the PostNuke CMS and the phpBB=
=20
bulletin board system.  For the life of me, I can't get a database setup fo=
r=20
either of them to use.  Both users groups tell me that there's a mysql=20
problem with configuration.  Here are the errors:

phpBB:

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resourc=
e=20
in /www/seccomp/htdocs/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 330
=20
 Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resour=
ce=20
in /www/seccomp/htdocs/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 331
 phpBB : Critical Error=20

 Could not connect to the database=20

PostNuke:

No database made.Error connecting to db
Program: /www/seccomp/htdocs/pn/install/db.php - Line N.: 45
Database: seccomp-nuke
 Error (1044) : Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database=20
'seccomp-nuke'

Can someone tell me what I need to setup to get this working right?  I've b=
een=20
feeling pretty worthless with this stuff lately.  I've never needed this mu=
ch=20
help.  Maybe I'm just trying to do too much at once?

TIA
=2D-=20
Eric F Crist
AdTech Integrated Systems, Inc