Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:08:02 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.0 RC3 now available

All,

Once again it's my pleasure to announce Release Cadidate 3 of
FreeBSD 5.0.  i386, pc98, alpha, ia64, and sparc64 releases are
available on most mirrors now.  Thanks to Marcel Moolenaar
for providing the ia64 bits, Takahashi Yoshihiro for proving the
pc98 bits, and David Obrien for the sparc64 bits.

Please test this release as much as possible.  We are planning
on tagging the tree for the 5.0 release on January 15 and starting
the finals builds soon afterwards.  The TODO list is almost
polished off, and we are waiting for a couple of last minute
issued to be resolved.

Again, I thank everyone for the effort that has gone into 5.0.

The Release Engineering Team