Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 2002 15:09:00 +0100
From:      Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        psedlacek@earthlink.net
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Handbook for older FreeBSD

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 06:03:40AM -0800, psedlacek@earthlink.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am newbie with FreeBSD. I have yet v. 4.2 but my handbook is for 4.1, and on
> the www is handbook for curent version. Can I find on FreeBSD website handbook
> for my older version ?

If at install time you installed docs, you should find the 4.2-R
Handbook in /usr/share/doc

> I have problems setup PPP conection on my Compaq Proliant 800. Linux is
> working OK but I want run FreeBSD, and PPP is only the way how I can be
> connectet on the web.

The chapter about PPP should help you even if you read "current"
Handbook, and have a look at ppp manual page.  For configuration
problems and general questions, you should use freebsd-questions
mailing list.

Marc