Date:      Wed, 09 Jan 2002 21:01:57 -0700
From:      Lorin Lund <wbs@infowest.com>
To:        Kristofer Pettijohn <kpettijohn@visi.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spamming FreeBSD lists.

I can imagine why people might not subscribe.  This is high volume
mailing list!  I find it takes up a noticeble part of my day even
though I delete some entries without even reading the subject.
(I admit I have a hard time not at least reading the subject.)

This is the number 1 place to get help but it can be overwhelming to
subscribe.  The subscribe and unsubscribe processes can take a while
so subscribing for a short time just to ask a single question can
be a time consuming task too.