Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:16:18 -0400
From:      Dany Cayouette <danyc@playground.net>
To:        Adam Blake <blake@sba.miami.edu>
Cc:        mike@sentex.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPPoE help me please!! more info

Did you ever get PPPoE running on that circuit before?  (like using a PPPoE on
win95 machine).  Don't look into PPP...  you are not getting at that stage.
You PC sends a PADI packet and you should see a PADO from your provider.  You
don't seem to be getting one.  One possible thing is that you have to specify
a Service-Name other than -NULL-.  Check with your service provider...  Or
another possibility is that your 'assume DSL' circuit is not even activated
properly!!

cheers,
dany