Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:28:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        whizkid@eeoth.pair.com
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASCII Diagram Replacements

Browsing the archives to resurrect an old thread....

In article <20010711233447.A44030@eeoth.pair.com> you write:
>The best thing would be to write our own application under BSD license.
>Unfortunately, I have never done any XWindow programming, though this
>may be a good reason to start, I suppose. :)

I have always used `idraw' from the InterViews toolkit.  It is a pain
to build (although far less so than anything Gnomish) and a bit
limited in what it can do, but it does have two good features: it has
a relatively reasonable license, and its internal file format also
happens to be valid Encapsulated PostScript.

-GAWollman