Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 09:10:43 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Richard J Kuhns <rjk@grauel.com>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org

[.....]
> I removed the `set openmode passive' and got
[.....]

How about ``set openmode active 5''.  The problem you're seeing is
that the other side is `reflecting' you data back because it hasn't
yet turned ECHO off on the port.  By the time the peer wakes up and
does something, everything's hopelessly confused.

> which didn't do much good.  Finally, I told it to expect `Welcome' after
> logging in, and received the following -- note the extra `e' it says it's
> Expecting, which is definitely NOT in my ppp.conf file.  I tried Expecting
> `Last' also, and it wanted to Expect `Lastt' and timed out again.
[.....]

Can you send me an exact copy of your ``set login'' line ?  Also,
what does ``show version'' in ppp say ?  Are you running the latest
version ?

Cheers.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>