Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:25:10 +0200
From:      Rastko P <lylecorman@gmail.com>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to stop ports recompiling gcc, llvm, etc.?

I have some experience with FreeBSD. I don't mind building ports. You
know sometimes it's necessary (most FreeBSD software is ported, and
needs to be configured)

But I cannot find in the documentation how to prevent a port
re-compiling different versions of GCC or other such monsters, when I
already compiled them.

Any clear-cut solutions?

I know you can install binary packages, that is not relevant to my
question, unless you are being somewhat cynical.