Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 14:21:47 +0100 (BST)
From:      Ben Cohen <bjc23@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
To:        "Anderson, Micajah" <MAnderson@osc.uscg.mil>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot Easy

> Is Boot Easy available as a single product?  How about in DOS format?

On the 2.2.5 (so perhaps also 2.2.6) Walnut Creek CD-ROM, there's another
boot manager called osbm135.exe, or something similar, which is a
self-extracting DOS archive.  I think it's on the first disk under /tools
or /utils.

There is also a more recent beta version, osbmbeta.exe.

I haven't used either myself, although I might try them soon.

Has anyone used it? How does it compare to BootEasy?

If you want to use Boot Easy itself, that's also on the first CD under
either /tools or /utils.

In either case, read the boot manager's documentation first before using
it.

> If I load it up, can I then reinstall Linux and FreeBSD and have all
> live happily together?

I think you might have to install Windows first, then whatever else you
are putting in and _then_ the boot manager.  So if you want to use Boot
Easy then install FreeBSD last.  If you want to use osbm135 then
(presumably) install all the operating systems first.

Ben.