Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2000 10:05:35 -0400
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: In summary.. [Re: I'll be rolling a 4.1.1 release on September 25th]

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 02:52:33AM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:

> In both cases, you're essentially now blocking on a single developer
> and it's up to those two developers to come out of the woodwork and
> either adopt or close these PRs as incorrect (given some
> justification, of course).

This doesn't negate Garance's excellent description of how PRs [don't]
work for general purpose / non-maintainer submissions.

The trouble is that (for me) reviewing takes just as long if not longer
then doing the change myself for some cases. The submitter has already
found the problem, understood the origin and set a path for fixing it.
The committer has to do the same (plus actually review the code).

I wish I knew enough about lpr to review Garance's patches, he obviously
knows his stuff. While we're here, since LPRng hasn't made its way into
the system for whatever reason, we should be taking a serious look at
just giving him maintainership of lpr so he can apply his umpteen new
features and bugfixes he has queued up.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
                billf@chimesnet.com / billf@FreeBSD.org