Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 1996 16:03:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Newell <mnewell@kaizen.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multicast routing questions

On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Mike Newell wrote:

	... much deleted ...

> [2] The second problem is sdr and sd do not see any sessions when run on
> bigpuppy.  When run from hosts on the office net I DO see them, so it
> looks like our multicast access to MCI is working just fine.
> Unfortunately I don't have another machine on my home net that's running
> multicast software (we had to borrow my spare FBSD machine for work...) so
> I don't know if bigpuppy is actually forwarding multicast packets to the
> Ethernet.

How embarrasing... :-(  15 minutes after I sent this message I noticed the
netmask on the ppp0 interface on Pentup was set wrong.  I set it right and
*poof* - it seems to be working now.  At least SDR shows stuff;
good sign.  Sigh... :-)

Still can't use ppp0 as a native multicast interface though. :-(

Thanks!

Mike