Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 1996 06:23:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay L. West" <jlwest@tseinc.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   new kernel make from 2.1R to 2.1-stable

Someone had posted some info here I think I need but I can't find the
message in the archives.

We upgraded 2.1R to stable, did a make world, and then remade the kernel.
All seems to be well, but I vaguely recall someone here saying that there
was a special step in making the new kernel when going 2.1R to stable. It
was something about 'rm -r something' and then 'make depend all something'.
The message said this was essential. All we did was a standard kernel remake
(config, make, make install). Are we ok or do we need the special steps
previously mentioned and if so what are they?

Thanks!!
Jay West