Date:      Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:51:53 +1100
From:      Jeff Dowsley <jeff.dowsley@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   NDIS broken?

Folks

Just upgraded from 7.2 to 8.0RC1

Under 7.2, I was using an ndis wrapper to provide a Windows network
driver for an old Linksys PCMIA card (non-ath). Worked beautifully as
per the Handbook under 7.2.

Sadly, under 8.0RC1, the process to generate the wrapper appears to
work OK, but when I attempt to set any of the card's parameters,
ifconfig returns I/O errors.

For example:

ifconfig ndis0 up		(back to prompt without errors, but then...

ifconfig ndis0 inet 192.168.1.105 netmask 255.255.255.0

ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): Invalid argument

or

ifconfig ndis0 ssid chcs

ifconfig: SIOCS80211: Invalid argument

dmesg reports that ndis0 is available as a Wireless-G Notebook
Adapter after the ndis drivers are loaded.

Any advice?

JeffD

M 0427565791

jeff.dowsley@mac.com