Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 17:18:18 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        "Dave" <north1@nexicom.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nightmares

On Wednesday 06 June 2001 16:34, Dave wrote:
> Hi, i run northshells.net
> im having a nightmarish time with tcl.
> I have tried re-installing it, tried cvsup and make world
> same problems :o(
>
> freebsd 3.5.1 generic, users can't compile eggs on the box. ram 128+256
> adding more ram soon. but i dont
> know what else to do. /stand/sysinstall wont let mre remove it becuase of 8
> dependenceys, which i dont know
> what they are.. *sigh*
>
> 50 unhappy campers on northshells.net
>

> North--

First off you might want to think about upgrading to 4.3. To delete tcl
do the following:

pkg_info | grep tcl

that will return the version you are running. Then do:

pkg_delete -f tcl-8.2.3 (or whatever your version number is)

Finally just make and reinstall from the ports.

     Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510