Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:15:50 -0600
From:      GB Clark II <gclarkii@geektech.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ftpd very very slow

On Wednesday 14 March 2001 12:22, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 08:00:19PM -0800, Faisal Gillani wrote:
> > when i ftp to my freebsd server it takes a long long time to connect &
> > authenticate why ?
>
> Usual reason is reverse DNS problems.
>
> Kris
Hi,

Is there anyway to shut this off???
I still have not solved my problems and the DNS is CORRECT!!!
(e.g. after telnet login, 'w' shows proper reverse)

It is ONLY this 2-28 4.2-STABLE box that does this.  All of our
other boxes work like a charm.

Again,  any ideas????

Thanks,

GB

--
GB Clark II  (N5VMF)       | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@GeekTech.COM  | General Geek