Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 02:06:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <gollucci@wam.umd.edu>
To:        David@SkytrackerCanada.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to run php3 code using php4

You can compile apache so that php3 and php4 can be loaded as concurent
modules.

see the INSTALL file for php-4.01pl2

in short (in php3 and in php4 subdirs)
./configure --enable-versioning --with-apxs=

in apache
./configure --activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a \
	    --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a

Philip M. Gollucci
E-mail      : gollucci@wam.umd.edu
	      Philip@p6m7g8.com
Phone       : 301.249.6261
Major       : Computer Science
	      Electrical Engineering
Current Job : Co Science, Discovery, & the Universe Webmaster