Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 04:45:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bleez@netaxs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Promise Ultra66

I am trying to get FreeBSD 3.3-stable to detect a Promise Ultra66 IDE
adapter.  I searched through the mailing list archives, but could not
find an answer.  I tried the configuration detailed in LINT, but it still
isn't detected.  On boot, the card announces itself and detects my Western
Digital AC29100 and sets it up for UDMA mode 4.  The kernel will start to
load, then panic because it cannot see a hard disk controller.

Anyone out there have success with this, and if so, can I have a peek at
your config file?