Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 07:20:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        scrappy@hub.org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, jack@diamond.xtalwind.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Price of FreeBSD (was On Holy Wars...)

> On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
> > > closed discussions with the "private sector".  Hell, if they want to get
> > > together at Stonehenge once a month and chant and howl at the full moon
> > > naked let 'em.
> >
> > That actually sounds like a lot of fun - anyone up for this during the
> > next solstice?  Flights to Heathrow in the off-season are pretty
> > cheap. :-)
>
> 	Actually, Stonehenge is closed and guarded during the solstice(s) :(
>
> 	I watch much to much TLC...they did this series on Stonehenge, and
> I guess the ravages of time (and 1000's of ppl) are starting to take their
> toll :(

Years ago, when I worked in England, I travelled over to Stonehenge (it was
much newer then :-), well okay -- maybe only 14yrs less old :-)).  It is
much more impressive in person than one can possibly experience on TV.
It probably isn't worth flying to England from the Americas just to see
Stonehenge (unless your religious tastes are vastly different than mine :-)),
but it was worth driving over to look.

John