Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2016 14:41:02 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
Subject:   Re: Problem with VLAN config and traffic after 10.1-R -> 10.3-R-p5 Upgrade?

Ok...

--On 23 June 2016 13:32 +0100 Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> I use a similar config with vlans over lagg.  While I haven't seen
> exactly your problem, I did see one instance of the vlan interface
> coming up with an all-zero MAC address (out of about 10 systems upgraded
> to 10.3-RELEASE so far).  See PR207701 -- my workaround was to
> explicitly set a MAC address for the vlan i/f.

Having just spent twenty minutes staring at MAC's on the machine - it *does
appear* we are also seeing the same as PR207701.

The machine has two lagg interfaces on it - I checked the wrong one
initially (em based) - hence twenty minutes of head scratching and
oh-so-long reboots (on HP kit) after I glimpsed one of them was indeed a
MAC of 00:00:00:00:00:00 (which is on the bge based lagg vlans).

I'll go read up on the PR, add myself to it, and implement the workaround.

Sorry for the noise...

Regards,

-Karl