Date:      Sat, 04 Aug 2007 18:00:07 -0300
From:      Damian Vicino <dvicino@dc.uba.ar>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Using Smart-Fail HD

Hello.
Im Having FBSD running in a P3 with 4.3GB HD, and got 2 extra 80GBs HD
that fails the SMART check.
I did a full HD scan with tools provided by the HD's developers and over
90% of the HDs are safe.
I want to use those HD for home of the lowrank users, and keep the
critical data in the 4GB HD.
Do u know any pretty safe FS for this kind of unstable hardware, i was
thinking in something with software RAID maybe.
Thanks for any suggestion, im pretty new on FBSD world (and
english-speak world too).
BTW, if the solution can be applied to DFBSD, it will be very nice,
becouse i got another machine P1 runnning it, and all HDs i can get for
it use to have a lot of failures already.
See ya
Sdäv