Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:55:25 -0700
From:      "James A. Taylor" <jataylor@lundahl.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   User PPP is slow to start

Last night ppp died on sig 11.  The machine is a gateway for our LAN so
I attempted to restart ppp assuming I would diagnose the problem later.
PPP was apparently locking, after several attempts to get it working I
set
another FreeBSD box up as a temporary gateway so that I could figure
out what was going on.

This morning I realized that ppp is just taking it's time starting:

lundahl# ppp
Working in interactive mode      <--- // At this point nothing happens
for 45 seconds
Using interface: tun0                         // and then everything
continues as if
ppp on lundahl>                              // nothing had happened.

Are their any suggestions as too why user ppp would pause like this.

Thanks for your help.

James A. Taylor
Lundahl Instrumens, Inc.