Date:      Thu, 01 Mar 2001 14:52:23 -0800
From:      "Derick J. Fernando" <derick@xenocex.com>
To:        mpd6334@cs.rit.edu, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: logitech wheel trackball - wheel won't work.

|Hi Again,

"Logitech"| protocol is for old serial mouse models  from Logitech.
Modern Logitech mice use either |"MouseMan"| or |"Microsoft"| protocol.

   1. If the serial mouse has a roller or a wheel, it may be compatible
      with the |"IntelliMouse"| protocol.
   2. If the serial mouse has a roller or a wheel and it doesn't work
      with the |"IntelliMouse"| protocol, you have to use it as a
      regular 2- or 3-button serial mouse.
This info from:
http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.6/mouse4.html#20