Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:44:12 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        gabor@FreeBSD.org, Filippo Natali <filippo.natali@gmail.com>, pav@FreeBSD.org, nakaji@jp.freebsd.org, yasi@yasi.to, alexbl@FreeBSD.org, perky@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   anyone working on an update of www/plone to 3.0.1?

Hi,

www/plone needs updating. Is anyone working on it already? If not, I will.

Since plone has a rather akward dependency chain, I'm looking at using the
unified installer for installing plone, and hence use that for a port.
Anyone else doing any work already?

Zope, and hence Plone, is very picky about versions of python etc. The
unified installer installs its own python 2.4.4 for example, which saves
the admin a lot of trouble. It is not the way we do things with ports, I
know, but plone is too picky, and it is tedious to require old versions of
python *just* for this port.

So, in short, anyone doing any work on this, or shall I?

/Palle

[1]
<http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/installing-plone-3-with-the-unified-installer/>;