Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 1999 12:06:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Howard Goldstein <hgoldste@mpcs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel.conf and setting sio flags

I seem to recall seeing that some blessed soul intended to document
the userconfig syntax used by /boot/kernel.conf(ig) but I'm
having a brain fart and can't locate the reference or the docs.

It'd be neat to learn how to fish rather than be given the food so if
someone has suggestions on where to find the docs you'd have my
eternal gratitude in exchange for its URL.  Or if you already have a
canned userconfig-able /boot/kernel.conf I can use to set my siox
devices' flags at boot time that'll work too.  I'm good to go with pnp
setup via kernel.conf on a desktop system, but here I have a couple of
thousand 3.2R systems in the field that may benefit from the extended
FIFO capabilities but I can't throw new kernels at them (easily) and a
couple of attempts at guessing at the syntax all failed.

Thanks in advance.