Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:20:26 +0200
From:      Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
To:        lex manno <lexmanno@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vi? lynx? please!

Hi,

You're about to start a flame war. Not everybody likes your choice
of editor or browser. I would also like to see you use emacs
and netscape on a 486SX. There is nothing antiquated about them and
I think that Emacs and Netscape are the bloated monsters you are
talking about.

You always have the choice to install the software you like and use
the ones you prefer.

IMHO.

Regards
Willem Brown

On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 04:07:57AM -0700, lex manno wrote:
> hi there,
>
> Well, I've been using FBSD for almost a year now and I
> was wondering. Isn't it about time to remove primitive
> stuff like vi and lynx from the o.s.?
>
> I mean, when there are editors like Joe and Emacs and
> browsers like Netscape, why do we need to keep all
> these antiquated monsters?
>
> For God's sake, let us modernize!
>
> bye,
> lex

 /*      Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The choice is yours.      */

Schshschshchsch.
		-- The Gorn, "Arena", stardate 3046.2