Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 2003 23:55:27 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TWM focus

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 09:06:12AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Antoine Jacoutot, and lo! it spake thus:

> How can I make TWM to automatically focus a new window ?
> Each time I launch an application, a square (empty window) appears under
> my mouse pointer and I have to click to make the window appear, which
> is pretty annoying.
> If you have any idea...

Put "RandomPlacement" in your .twmrc and it will place new windows
itself.  It won't give them focus though, unless they're under the mouse
(since focus follows mouse).  I think there's some way to make focus
follow clicks instead of just the cursor, but who wants that?   :)

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net