Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2008 11:17:13 +0100 (CET)
From:      "no@spam@mgEDV.net" <nospam@mgedv.net>
To:        "no@spam@mgEDV.net" <nospam@mgedv.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: strange panic: freebsd 6.3: ffs_alloccg: map corrupted

On Fri, February 1, 2008 16:30, no@spam@mgEDV.net wrote:

> hi folks,
>
> during copying ~350GB from one volume to another on
> the local machine (separate disks, separate fs's) i
> get the following panic:
>
> start = 0, len = 23691, fs = /newdata
> panic: ffs_alloccg: map corrupted
> KDB: enter: panic
> [ thread pid 835 tid 10070 ]
> stopped at kdb_enter +0x2c:  leave
>
> the destination filesystem i created from scratch
> today, and the other which is read from is fsck'd.
>
> because of privacy/security considerations, i cannot
> really post the whole configuration of the machine
> (like fs-layout, other details, dmesg will be ok if
> needed).
>
> the backtrace can be viewed on this image:
> http://www.mgedv.at/panic_ffs_alloccg.png

update: the filesystem is created using the following newfs-cmd:
newfs -L newdata -O 2 -U -b 65536 -f 8192 -c 262144 -i 524288 -m 0 -o space /dev/amrd2

btw, i forgot to mention, that the panic is raised at
different amounts of data being copied. so this does
not seem like a hardware defect for me...

anyone out there who has an idea?
cheers...