Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 19:36:50 -0700
From:      "J.C. Frazier" <wolfman@csocs.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   HD interrupt timeouts

I am running 3.4-stable on a dual PIII 450 ASUS board.  I do backups on
UDMA Hard Drives instead of tapes.....everything goes faster and I can
store so much more without having to deal with the tape mess.  Anyways
last night on my backup I had the following error:

Dec 21 21:29:55 shell /kernel: wd1: interrupt timeout (status
58<rdy,seekdone,drq> error 0)
Dec 21 21:29:55 shell /kernel: wd1: interrupt timeout (status
58<rdy,seekdone,drq> error 0)
Dec 21 21:29:56 shell /kernel: wd1: wdtimeout() DMA status 4
Dec 21 21:29:56 shell /kernel: wd1: wdtimeout() DMA status 4

Anyone know why this would happen.  I'm not hardware guru and it hasn't
happened before on this system that's been running the last year and a
half without a problem.  It seems the backups took and nothing is
missing or corrupt and the HD is still in working order.  Any insight?

J.C. Frazier