Date:      Sun, 26 Oct 1997 23:31:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "James P. Brewster" <web-designs@virtual-net.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix

Install the PAO distribution from http://www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO.

> Also I can only use a generic driver for my video card, it is a Neo
> Magic possibly made by Yamaha?  If you have any suggestions for that
> also please notify me!!

As mentioned previously, NeoMagic has not chosen to release the
programming specs for it's cards, so an accelerated X server is only
available commercially.  Luckily, it's from XI Graphics, a long time
FreeBSD supporter.  I think AccelX is ~$100 and is a great package.  See
http://www.xig.com/ for info.