Date:      Sun, 08 Jul 2001 17:23:32 -0500
From:      Dave Uhring <duhring@charter.net>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        "Jim C. Nasby" <jim@nasby.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
Subject:   Re: JFS

Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

>Dave Uhring <duhring@charter.net> writes:
>
>>I just took a look at www.sistina.com and a web site which has its font
>>set to Arial is suspect, IMHO.  If they have to use Microsoft products
>>to produce a web site......
>>

>Is that the best you could come up with?  I mean, you could criticize
>the ingenuity of their designs, or the quality of their code, or their
>ability to deliver on their promises - or would that require too much
>effort?  It's so much easier to just dismiss them out of hand because
>they use a font you don't like on their web page, isn't it?
>
>DES

No, indeed it is not the best that I could come up with.  Any company
producing a product for Linux/Unix which feels that it has to use a
Microsoft product for its web site is one which cannot eat its own
dogfood.  If they have any "ingenuity" or "quality" of any kind one
would think that they would use it themselves.  And it is not a matter
of a font which I don't like; actually I do like the Arial font, but it
is NOT a Unix font.