Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 2000 15:57:35 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Johannes.Hofmann@gmx.de
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PNP-OPL3SaX & FreeBSD-4.0

Hi,

I've got a PNP-Yamaha OPL3SaX soundcard in my laptop computer.
Playback works fine with the pcm driver in FreeBSD-4.0 (device pcm).
But when I record sound, the whole machine locks up. This did not surprise
me, as it happend just the same way under linux, whenever I used DMA 0,7.
On the other hand I know it is working OK with DMA 1,0.
Unfortunately, the pcm-driver chooses DMA 0,7.

Is there any possibility to force the driver to use DMA 1,0?

Thanks in advance,
Johannes Hofmann