Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 08:43:16 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        Eric Estrella <aykatsue@netscape.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freeBSD 4.1

[Please do NOT email me personally about FreeBSD questions. Always
 mail the freebsd-questions list]

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 09:32:21AM -0700, Eric Estrella wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I have an Intel 810E motherboard and having problem Installing
> X-server. Can you please specify what shoul I check.
>
> AGP kernel I think is not loading. I don't know what to link and what
> to edit (XF86Config)

	1. Compile and install XFree86-4, using the latest ports
	2. Run `kldload agp.ko' on startup
	3. # cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV agpgart
	4. Add the following sections to /etc/X11/XF86Config

        Section "DRI"
            Mode 0666
        EndSection

        Section "Device"
            Identifier  "i810"
            Driver      "i810"
            VideoRam    4096
            # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
        EndSection

        Section "Screen"
            Identifier  "Screen 1"
            Device      "i810"

        EndSection

--
Jonathan Chen                      |      To do is to be  -- Nietzsche
<jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>       |      To be is to do  -- Sartre