Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:57:11 +0100
From:      ptitoliv <ptitoliv@frenchsuballiance.cjb.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   mergmaster and /etc/master.passwd

Hi everybody,

I am trying to upgrade my FreeBSD box from 5.2.1 to 5.3. All the
building operations were successful and the kernel installation too. So
following the handbook, i made the mergemaster in order to merge
configurations files. But I have a problem about merging
/etc/master.passwd. I saw that there were new systems accounts in
RELENG_5.3 but I have my propers accounts which I don't want to loose.
So my question is : how to merge correctly and properly the
/etc/master.passwd file. I saw in the help of mergemaster the v options
which allows to include common files but it doesn't seems to work.

Does anybody can help me in order to make this merge safely ?

Thank you for your answers

Best Regards,
Ptitoliv