Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:44:06 -0400
From:      "Jean-Paul Natola" <jnatola@familycareintl.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   UPGRADing from 5.4- Sysinstall or makeworld

Hi everyone,

I'm think I really need to upgrade  from 5.4  as I'm having a slew of =
issues
with my programs- specifically  exim-sa-clamav-=20

My concern is that this was the only BSD install I had ever done with
assistance from a colleague from across the border- So all I have been =
doing
for the past year is cvsup-ing and portupgrading- however as mentioned
earlier I'm running into issues that are consuming too much time for me =
resolve as I am a one man IT department here.

The first thing I'd like to know is if my box can indeed handle the =
upgrade
to 6.2  -

I have the following hardware-

PIII 500mhz
256 ram
8 gig hard-drive

The ONLY thing I use this box for is to filter mail that then gets =
passed to
my exchange server-

Are there any gotcha's I need to lookout for before attempting this =
upgrade,
since this filters my e-mail if I screw up- I will have no incoming =
mail-
lest I choose to redirect my SMTP directly to my mail server- NOT A GOOD
IDEA.

So I see there are two methods of upgrading - sysinstall  or makeworld- =
what
would be the optimal choice for someone with limited  experience in the =
BSD
world-

Thanks=20

Jean-Paul Natola