Date:      Thu, 24 May 2007 15:43:02 +0300
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@freebsd.org>
To:        Hideki Yamamoto <yamamoto436@oki.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Subject:   Re: can netgraph support IPv6 over IPv6

Julian Elischer wrote:
  Netgraph doesn't care. It knows nothing about ipV4 or ipV6.

> If you use the ng_ksocket type, it MAY need a patch to bind to an ipv6
> address.
> (I have not checked).

I have tested ng_ksocket with IPv6 while testing mpd's PPP over
L2TP/TCP/UDP implementations. It works, except it does not support IPv6
protocol family constants, so you should use their numeric
representation in hook name. And also I have only used binary command
interface, ascii commands for IPv6 look like not implemented.

--
Alexander Motin