Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:25:34 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   hast vs ggate+gmirror sychrnoisation speed

Well, I bit the bullet and moved to using hast - all went beautifully,
and I migrated the pool with no downtime. The one thing I do notice,
however, is that the synchronisation with hast is much slower
than the older ggate+gmirror combination. It's about half the
speed in fact.

When I orginaly setup my ggate configuration I did a lot of tweaks to
get the speed good - these copnsisted of expanding the send and
receive space for the sockets using sysctl.conf, and then providing
large buffers to ggate. Is there a way to control this with hast ?
I still have the sysctls set (as the machines have not rebooted)
but I cant see any options in hast.conf which are equivalent to the
"-S 262144 -R 262144" which I use with ggate

Any advice, or am I barking up the wrong tree here ?

cheers,

-pete.