Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:12:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ancontrol/ifconfig and WEP index mixup ?

Peter Radcliffe writes:
| I've been using the ifconfig interface to setting wep keys for both wi
| and an interfaces. Using -STABLE from a few days ago.
|
| On cisco an interfaces I've noticed what appears to be some confusion
| between the index numbers for WEP keys.
|
| ] pir@disapp# ancontrol -C
| [...]
| ] WEP Key status:
| ]         Key 0 is set 128 bits
| ]         Key 1 is set 128 bits
| ]         Key 2 is unset
| ]         Key 3 is unset
| ]         The active transmit key is 0
|
| ] pir@disapp# ifconfig an0
| [...]
| ]        wepmode ON weptxkey 1
| ]        wepkey 1:128-bit

Grab my update to the Aironet driver from
	www.ambrisko.com:/doug/an/
The fix to ancontrol hasn't been applied to correctly list sparse keys
but was commited to ifconfig.  And yes ancontrol starts counting a 0.

However, ifconfig doesn't display the home key or deal with it.  I have
some support for the home key.

ancontrol says
  WEP Key status:
        Key 0 is set  40 bits
        Key 4 is set  40 bits
        The active transmit key is 0

ifconfig says
        wepmode ON weptxkey 1
        wepkey 1:64-bit

BTW I found something is going on really screwy with the usio thing
but I think my test machines power supply is dying.  Fortunately the
Aironet stuff is easier to work on and doesn't usually lock up my system.

Doug A.