Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 11:09:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      mef@cs.washington.edu
To:        phk@dk.tfs.com
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel PR440FX motherboard anybody ?

Poul-Henning,

We have two systems that use that particular motherboard.  I believe
the code name for the board is "buckeye".  We just recently installed
FreeBSD and had to deal with two minor problems:

1) needed to turn on "options SMP_TIMER_NC"
2) in the advanced chipset configuration needed to change MPS version
   from 1.1 to 1.4, and enable "Direct PCI Intro to I/O APIC".

Can't really comment on the quality of these systems, as I have
nothing to compare with.  Nor have we completed the installation to
run X and other stuff.

Marc
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/mef

   From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@dk.tfs.com>
   Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 19:33:19 +0200
   I'm considering buying one of these with two PP200/256K chips, anybody
   know anything about them good or bad ?
   http://channel.intel.com/business/ibp/BOARDS/PR440FX.HTM