Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:23:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ali Nasseh <a_nasseh@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with installing new ports

hi,
i run freebsd 4.5 stable and when i try to install a
new port like mpg123 it fails.
my command to system and it's response is here:

$ pwd
/usr/ports/audio/mpg123

$ make clean
===>  Cleaning for esound-0.2.23
===>  Cleaning for libaudiofile-0.2.2
===>  Cleaning for gettext-0.10.35_1
===>  Cleaning for gmake-3.79.1
===>  Cleaning for libtool-1.3.4_2
===>  Cleaning for pkgconfig-0.8.0
===>  Cleaning for mpg123-esound-0.59r_4

$ make
If you want to compile with NAS support,
hit Ctrl-C right now and use "make WITH_NAS=yes"

If you want to enable ID3 tags charset recoding,
hit Ctrl-C and use "make WITH_ICONV=yes"; you can
also specify DEFAULT_RECODE in 'from:to' format

>> mpg123-0.59r-pl1.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in
/usr/ports/distfiles/.
http://www.mpg123.de/mpg123/.
http://www-ti.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/~hippm/mpg123/.
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.tu-clausthal.de/pub/unix/audio/mpg123/.
http://ftp.tu-clausthal.de/pub/unix/audio/mpg123/.
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/.
>> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try
again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/audio/mpg123.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/audio/mpg123.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/audio/mpg123.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/audio/mpg123.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/audio/mpg123.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/audio/mpg123.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/audio/mpg123.

please let me know if i MUST hold a connection to the
internet during the installations.if so, is there a
way to avoid that connection?
--thank you for any help