Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 17:24:08 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.3 Release candidate #2 now ready

Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com> wrote:
 > Due to the recent security fixes which went into the tree, along with
 > the fact that I'll be following a very large moving truck on Monday
 > and will be somewhat busy, I'm releasing the second release candidate
 > image today instead of monday.

I've also made two ISO images of 4.3-RC2 available at
ftp7.de.freebsd.org:

-rw-rw-r--  1 inof  bsd  430229504 Apr 02 15:45 4.3-RC2-combi.iso
-rw-rw-r--  1 inof  bsd   49283072 Apr 02 15:54 4.3-RC2-mini.iso

The "mini" ISO (47 Mbytes) contains ONLY the "bin" dist,
so you can do a minimal install with this one, no more.
You'll have to get everything else from the network once
you've brought a machine up and running with this ISO.

The "combi" ISO (410 Mbytes) contains the complete base
system, the ports collection framework (but no distfiles
nor packages), XFree86, _and_ this CD also contains a
Live Filesystem, so you can use it as a "fixit" CD, too!

I haven't tested either of these (due to lack of CD-Rs
right now), but I'm pretty confident that the ISOs work
fine.

Regards
   Oliver