Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2018 16:08:55 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <freebsd.ed.lists@sumeritec.com>
To:        tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lightly loaded system eats swap space

Hi,

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 23:19:02 +0100
tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net> wrote:

> freebsd-11-stable r333874, ZFS raidz1-0 (3x4TB disks), 128GB RAM,
> Swap: 4096M Total, 3502M Used, 594M Free, 85% Inuse

this might not be related but I noticed that your swap space is small
compared to RAM size. I noticed on a much smaller Raspberry Pi, that it
runs into trouble when there is no swap even there is enough RAM
available. Is it easily possible for you to add some GB of swap space
and let the machine run then?

How much swap do the other machines have?

Erich