Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:33:59 +0000
From:      Jason Henson <jason@ec.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Detecting CD devices

On 01/18/05 18:47:31, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> I've been working to get my CD-RW and DVD drives seen on my FBSD
> 5.3-STABLE box and mountable by a normal user account.  I've =20
> succeeded
> with a minor glitch or two.  I can mount the devices and can play =20
> DVDs
> and burn using k3b, but...
>=20
> I can't use SoundJuicer and cdbakeoven does not detect the devices!
> Per
> posts I'd seen on this list and on a BSD forum, I've got the =20
> following

This is all I added to /etc/devfs.conf.  I thin added my user to the =20
group cd_access.  I and any programs I run can use /dev/acd0 without =20
problems.  You would add another set for for acd1(or whatever a dvd =20
would be).  BTW, your devfs.conf only shows 1 cdrom as master, no dvd =20
or second drive is mentioned in there.

own     /dev/acd0       root:cd_access
perm    /dev/acd0       0770