Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 1998 04:28:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        eivind@yes.no
Cc:        bbbacres@mssl.uswest.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My new BT-848 card??

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

[bt848 woes deleted]

>(e) If you get problems capturing audio, you probably have a card which we
>    don't detect quite right.  There are ways to fix this; contact the
>    multimedia list for details.  (You run an id-probe you get from Amancio
>    and a patch to find MUX values you get from me :-)

Okey dokey... I'm not Bruce, but I got a spiffy TurboTV (the $75 Fry's
special).  Works fine, but audio is confused (it plays tuner audio
when video is coming from SVideo/RCA, and is quiet when playing tuner
video).  All in all, very cool, although it's annoying to have to run
XFree just for the card (particularly when XFree hangs my system more
than XAccel).

So... where are the patches for changing the probe code for my tuner?

Here's my dmesg output:

bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 18 int a irq 14 on pci0:18
Miro TV, Temic NTSC tuner.

I think it is a Temic NTSC, but apparently not quite the right one.

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/